Applications for the 2019-2020 Schools Environmental Projects Fund have now closed.
Funding is available to schools within the Port Stephens Local Government Area to undertake environmental projects. The environmental project/activity should promote and encourage student participation as well as increase awareness of environmental issues for the benefit of this generation and future generations.
Projects that may be funded include:
- Tree planting projects;
- Worm gardens/composting projects;
- Vegetable gardens/aquaponics;
- Sensory gardens;
- Waste and recycling projects.
Schools can apply for works up to an amount of $1,000.
Before you start, make sure you download and read:
- Environmental Projects Fund Guidelines - Schools (PDF 48KB)
- Council Grant Programs Application Help Sheet (PDF 92.8K)
For assistance on how to best meet application guidelines, view the Example Application Form and/or contact:
Phone: (02) 4988 0288
All previous years' successful grant recipients are required to acquit funding before any new applications will be considered. Please refer to section 9 of the guidelines for further details on acquittal requirements or contact the relevant Council officer.
How to Apply
Download and read the relevant grant guidelines for your application.
Note: Elected council members, council staff and their immediate family (parent, spouse, partner or children) are ineligible to apply for funds.
Complete the online application form using the Council Grant Program Application Help Sheet as a guide.
Note: For the application to be valid, the electronic form must be completed. The hard copies (pdf) are available for reference use only.
Upload all your attachments in your application or submit to email@example.com.
Please refer to the grant guidelines for the grant you are applying for, to find the attachments required eg: Public Liability Insurance, Before photo's, site maps etc.
Note: When forwarding your Certificate of Currency, it is essential you reference your applicable grant program, the project title and the organisation you represent.
You will receive a receipt of acknowledgement of your application once you have submitted it. If you have not received notification of your application, it is your responsibility to contact the appropriate officer to ensure your application has been received. Their contact details can be found in the information for each grant program.
If you require any addition information or wish to seek clarification on the eligibility of your project, please contact the responsible officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on (02) 4988 0255.
All previous successful grants are required to be acquitted before any new applications will be considered. Please review the relevant grant guidelines or contact the responsible officer for acquittal requirements.
Previously Funded Projects
- $400 - Thou-Walla Family Centre (Irrawang Pre-school) for the establishment of the Preschool Patch
- $405 - Iona Public School to extend planting of native vegetation and build rocky areas for reptile sunbaking
- $445.50 - Medowie Christian School for an aquaponics demonstration garden
- $482 - Fern Bay Public School to plant flowering Australian native trees and shrubs to attract birds & insects into the school and provide shade for classrooms
- $486 - Wallalong Preschool for a sensory garden with edible hedge
- $495 - Raymond Terrace Public School for a herb garden and seedling beds
- $498 - Hinton Public School to implement a Kitchen Garden Program
- $500 - Irrawang High School to further develop the Irrawang Learning Alliance Agricultural Program
- $500 - Shoal Bay Public School to rejuvenate and revitalise the sensory garden in our infants playground
- $500 - Soldiers Point Public School for a herb garden and seedling beds
- $500 - St Brigids Primary School for a Food Miles Reduction Initiative
- $500 - Tomaree Public School to continue to embed and maintain sustainability
- $473.41 - Tomaree Public School to increase student participation by introducing recycled art projects into the garden and increase composting by purchasing a compost bin
- $500 - Soldiers Point Public School for a Vegetable Garden Rejuvenation Project
- $500 - Iona Public School for an Edible Gardening Environmental Program
- $500 - Seaham Public School P & C for the Planting of Trees (hedge/safety screen)