Applications for the 2019-2020 Cultural Projects Fund have now closed.
The Cultural Projects Fund is one way in which Council is committed to delivering on the following strategic direction specified in Council's Community Strategic Plan 2013 – 2023:
OUR LIFESTYLE - Arts & Culture: Port Stephens has a vibrant cultural life.
- recreation, leisure, arts and culture: Port Stephens has a diverse range of passive and active lifestyle opportunities. that are considered by users to be safe, convenient, reliable and affordable.
- promote and enhance the cultural identity of Port Stephens.
- preserve and promote Port Stephens heritage, arts and culture.
Before you start your application, download and read:
- Cultural Project Fund Guidelines (PDF 986 KB)
- Council Grant Programs Application Process Help Sheet (PDF 92.8 KB)
All previous successful grants are required to be acquitted before any new applications will be considered. Please contact the responsible officer for the relevant acquittal requirements.
For assistance on how to best meet application guidelines, contact:
Community Development and Engagement Unit
Phone: (02) 4988 0190
How to Apply
Download and read the relevant grant guidelines for your application.
Note: Elected council members, council staff and their immediate family (parent, spouse, partner or children) are ineligible to apply for funds.
Upload all your attachments in your application or submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to the grant guidelines for the grant you are applying for, to find the attachments required eg: Public Liability Insurance, Before photo's, site maps etc.
Note: When forwarding your Certificate of Currency, it is essential you reference your applicable grant program, the project title and the organisation you represent.
You will receive a receipt of acknowledgement of your application once you have submitted it. If you have not received notification of your application, it is your responsibility to contact the appropriate officer to ensure your application has been received. Their contact details can be found in the information for each grant program.
If you require any addition information or wish to seek clarification on the eligibility of your project, please contact the responsible officer at email@example.com or by phone on (02) 4988 0255.
All previous successful grants are required to be acquitted before any new applications will be considered. Please review the relevant grant guidelines or contact the responsible officer for acquittal requirements.
Previously Funded Projects
- $980 - Lions Club of Medowie for the 4th Annual Lions Art & Craft Show
- $1000 - Ted Arneson (Raymond Terrace Writers Group) for the Celebration of Words, story writing workshops and youth speech night
- $1500 - Port Stephens Community Arts Centre Inc. for the Port Stephens Art Prize 2017
- $1500 - Lions Club of Tilligerry for the Tilligerry Art and Craft Show 2016
- $3000 - Tilligerry Business Chamber for the delivery of Lemon Jam
- $3000 - Sea Side Singers for the Celebrating the Community Choir program
- $3000 - Thou Walla Family Centre for Let's Keep the Rhythm Going project
- $3000 - Tilligerry Association for Tilli Fest 2016
- $3000 - Bob's Farm School for the Bob's Farm History Tour project
- $3000 - Hunter Region Botanic Gardens for the Artist in Residence program
- $3000 - King Street Preservation Society for the King St Fair 2017
- $3000 - Raymond Terrace Arts and Craft Inc. for the Creativity and Community project
- $3000 - Liz Stephens (Raymond Terrace Markets) for the Port Stephens Riverside Fiesta
- $3000 - Musical Matinees Inc. for the Sensual Spring Spectacle
- $3000 - Port Harmony Inc. for A Mothers Love choral concert
- $3000 - Port Stephens Family and Neighbourhood Service for Circus Stunts project
- $3000 - Tomaree Youth Community Action Inc (TYCA) for delivery of Snak & Rap hip hop workshops
- $3000 - Port Stephens Fellowship of Writers for the Port Stephens Writings project
Congratulations to the successful applicants! If you would like more information on the above projects please contact the Community Development and Engagement Officer.