Applications for the 2019-2020 Community Projects Fund have now closed.
Community Projects Fund is one of the areas available to the community to make application to Council. Applications are invited annually for areas of the community such as, but not limited to:
- Heritage matters (assets, acquisition or local history);
- Community Service activities;
- Community Celebrations; and
- General community interest.
Community Projects Funds can be up to a maximum of $2,000 per application for each project and will be required to be spent in the Port Stephens Local Government Area. Successful grants over $1,000 are required to be acquitted. All previous projects funded through the Community Projects Funds are required to be acquitted by the applicant before any new applications will be considered.
Before you start, make sure you download and read:
All previous successful grants are required to be acquitted before any new applications will be considered. Please contact the responsible officer for the relevant acquittal requirements.
For assistance on how to best meet application guidelines, contact:
Finance Officer – Grants
Phone: (02) 4988 0255
How to Apply
Download and read the relevant grant guidelines for your application.
Note: Elected council members, council staff and their immediate family (parent, spouse, partner or children) are ineligible to apply for funds.
Upload all your attachments in your application or submit to email@example.com.
Please refer to the grant guidelines for the grant you are applying for, to find the attachments required eg: Public Liability Insurance, Before photo's, site maps etc.
Note: When forwarding your Certificate of Currency, it is essential you reference your applicable grant program, the project title and the organisation you represent.
You will receive a receipt of acknowledgement of your application once you have submitted it. If you have not received notification of your application, it is your responsibility to contact the appropriate officer to ensure your application has been received. Their contact details can be found in the information for each grant program.
If you require any addition information or wish to seek clarification on the eligibility of your project, please contact the responsible officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on (02) 4988 0255.
All previous successful grants are required to be acquitted before any new applications will be considered. Please review the relevant grant guidelines or contact the responsible officer for acquittal requirements.
Previously Funded Projects
- $1500 - Port Stephens Celtic Association Inc. for contribution towards the annual Celtic Festival
- $1500 - Nelson Bay Baptist Church Playtime for contribution towards new playtime area matting
- $1500 -Tomaree College Community Garden for contribution towards the relocation of the community garden
- $1500 - Volunteer Marine Rescue NSW Port Stephens Unit for contribution towards the purchase of electronic aids
- $2000 - Ocean and Coastal Care Initiative Port Stephens for contribution towards the purchase of a trailer
- $2000 - Corlette Parks Reserves and Landcare 355c committee for contribution towards sun shade shelter in Conroy Park
- $2000 - Marine Parks Association for contribution towards the 2017 Dolphin Census Project
- $750 - Port Stephens Church Christ for contribution towards purchasing food containers for Meals on Wheels
- $900 - 1st Tilligerry Scouts Group for contribution towards a gas bottle cage and kitchen equipment
- $1500 - Port Stephens Third Age Learning for contribution towards purchase of a computer
- $1500 - Medowie Assembly of God Inc. for contribution towards Food Way program
- $1500 - Medowie & Districts Little Athletics Centre Inc. for contribution towards clubhouse enhancement
- $1500 - Boat Harbour 355c committee for contribution towards erosion control
- $1823 - Sailability NSW Port Stephens Branch for contribution towards volunteer equipment
- $2000 - Rotary Club of Raymond Terrace for contribution towards the Raymond Terrace Driving Training Program
- $2000 - Karuah Working Together Inc. for contribution towards the Karuah Community Garden regeneration
- $2000 - Hunter Botanic Gardens Ltd for contribution towards training equipment
- $2000 - Raymond Terrace Men's Shed for contribution towards the cost involved with the Community Memory Star at the Memory Star Festival of Light
- $2000 - Seaham Park and Wetland Committee 355c for contribution towards repairs to picnic facilities
- $2000 - Volunteer Marine Rescue NSW Port Stephens Unit for contribution towards the purchase of electronic aids