Evening Economy Fund
Creating a vibrant evening economy is an important factor in great cities and towns. It helps grow new and existing business, attracts new residents and makes our place a more exiting and engaging place to live, work and play.
The Evening Economy Fund will help support local business, artisans and creatives to try new ideas which will contribute to bringing life to our streets between the hours of 4pm and 9pm in our major town centres of Nelson Bay and Raymond Terrace.
Initiatives need to be inclusive, attract a diverse sector of our community, be attractive to people from varying socioeconomic backgrounds, activate public spaces and create a buzz that adds to the sense of place for Port Stephens residents and visitors.
Projects could include live music, art exhibitions, street performers, night markets, twilight events, lighting, micro theatres at a café or restaurant, public art to brighten specific areas, group participation projects like instant choirs or flashmobs, progressive events, ghost tours, guided walks or movie nights in the park.
Round 1: Applications open 28 July 2020 and close 24 August 2020 for programs that will be delivered from September to November 2020.
Round 2: Applications open 1 October 2020 and close 31 October 2020 for programs that will be delivered from December 2020 to February 2021.
Round 3: Applications open 1 December 2020 and close 22 January 2021 for programs that will be delivered from March to May 2021.
Round 4: Applications open 1 April 2021 and close 31 April 2021 for programs that will be delivered from June to August 2021.
A total of $25,000 will be available through this fund. A maximum of $1500 is available per application.
- incorporated, not-for-profit organisations or charities
- registered businesses with an ABN
- sole traders.
For unincorporated community groups or individuals, we recommend you partner with a local business to participate in this program.
How to apply
- Read the Funding Guidelines for full details about the grant.
- Give staff a call to discuss your project on 02 4988 0255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit have your say and complete the online application. Make sure to upload any supporting documentation including your Certificate of Incorporation, budget and any required quotes (equipment only).
Get information on funding streams available and how to write a winning application at our online grants webinar at 10am Wednesday 5 August 2020.
- hear from Council staff on what grants are open, who can apply, what type of things can be applied for
- get tips and tricks to strengthen your application.
Register interest by emailing email@example.com