Carer Assist supports the Carers of people with all types of mental illness.
Carer Assist is part of the NSW Family and Carer Mental Health Program and is funded by the NSW Department of Health through the Mental Health Drug and Alchohol Office (MHDAO).
We can help you with:
- An understanding ear with one on one support
- Being your advocate to ensure you have access to information and services required to assist you to meet the needs of your loved one
- Workshops that enhance your skills and strategies in your caring role
- Understanding the mental health system
- Helping you understand what is happening to your loved one and how to cope
- Information on your rights and responsibilities as a carer
- Information on the services available in your area
- Help you access respite
5/161 Maitland Road
Mayfield NSW 2304