Smart City strategy
We plan to establish Port Stephens as a smart region by using innovative technology to make our place more liveable, prosperous and sustainable.
Our Smart City program aims to:
- improve the quality of our customer and community engagement
- reduce operating costs of Council
- gather data for better informed decision making
- build capacity for local business and improve liveability for our community
- align our Smart City initiatives with the broader Hunter region.
Smart City Blueprint
Endorsed in July 2020, the Port Stephens Smart City Blueprint will guide our decision-making as we progress our vision:
Port Stephens will seek to become an area that is liveable, thriving, diverse, connected, sustainable, resilient and safe place for its community to live, work and play.
To achieve this vision, we will collaborate with partners and invest in the establishment of smart digital capabilities.
These capabilities relate to the themes of our Community Strategic Plan — our community's 10 year vision for Port Stephens. They include:
Specific actions for each of these focus areas will be identified in a Smart City Roadmap that will be developed soon.
Our Smart City Blueprint also identifies guiding principles that will ensure stronger and better governance of this program of works.
- Smart City Blueprint (PDF 9MB)