To assist developers and contractors in providing quality infrastructure to the community, Council has adopted the AUS-SPEC series of Specifications. These specifications describe the minimum planning, design and construction standards to be met for civil engineering infrastructure associated with a variety of project types including subdivisions, buildings, roadways and bridges, drainage water cycle management, pathways and pavements, etc.
The aim of these documents is to facilitate the efficient processing of engineering plan submissions, and to ensure that infrastructure is designed and constructed to be safe, serviceable, economical to maintain and meets community expectations.
Council, as a subscriber to the NATSPEC service, makes these standards available to users who accept the following terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions
- NATSPEC retains copyright of all AUS-SPEC material
- Port Stephens Council grants a non-exclusive Licence to the end user for the use of Council’s edited version of AUS-SPEC Specifications and hereafter referred to as “AUS-SPEC”.
- AUS-SPEC will only be used for works where Port Stephens Council is a Consent Authority for, or owner or operator or manager of, assets, or consultant to same.
- No copying or modification of AUS-SPEC documents is permitted.
- The user shall be responsible for the correct application of AUS-SPEC. The end user acknowledges that NATSPEC and Port Stephens Council have no control over and cannot influence the circumstance in which AUS-SPEC may be used by the end user and, accordingly, the end user agrees to indemnify and hold harmless NATSPEC and Port Stephens Council against all actions, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, costs or losses whatsoever which may be brought, commenced or made against them, either jointly or separately, or which may be suffered by them or any of them in respect of the use of AUS-SPEC.
- Designers needing to modify an AUS-SPEC specification must become AUS-SPEC Subscribers. Breach of copyright may be interpreted by the courts as making an illegal specification, hence making it invalid. Become a subscriber at the NATSPEC website.
- This Licence is personal and shall not be assigned, and the user shall not allow any other person to use or have access to AUS-SPEC.
- This agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales.
- These Licence conditions are deemed to have been accepted by the end user.