Commercial operators on managed land
Port Stephens Council has formalised the management of open spaces including parks, foreshores, beaches and bushland reserves for recreational activities, tourism and education in accordance with its Commercial Operators Policy.
As a result, Council invites commercial interests to apply for a 5 year licence (where operators can apply for a maximum of three sites) to use particular sites for water-based or land-based business operations in Port Stephens using Council's new online booking process.
Revised Commercial Operators Policy currently on exhibition
Council at its meeting of 26 March 2019 resolved to exhibit the Revised Commercial Operators Policy from 1 April 2019 to 29 April 2019. Find out more or make a submission.
As a first step, view the list of site locations on the map below which will be marked green if available and red if unavailable.
Where the preferred site is available the application process is as follows;
- The applicant will make a submission by lodging the application form and all supporting documentation listed in application form.
- Applications will be assessed by an internal Council review panel led by the Contracts and Services Coordinator. The panel will convene when required, with membership including one section manager, a representative from Property Services Section and a representative from Civil Assets Section.
- Applications will be received for either water based activities or land based activities.
- Applications will be accepted throughout the year subject to supply of sites.
- Successful applicants will be notified by email by the Contracts and Services Coordinator.
What is the process for approval?
View and choose a location from the map above.
See below for a complete list of Council's licensed operators.
|Fit 2 day - Personal Trainer||Dick Burwell Oval, Bill Strong Oval and Fly Point||Nelson Bay||Fit 2 day|
|Goal Soccer Academy - Fitness Operator|
Bill Strong Oval
|Goal Soccer Academy|
|Nelson Bay Fitness - Personal Trainer||
Dick Burwell Oval Tomaree Complex,|
Duchies Beach Reserve and
Fly Point Reserve
|Nelson Bay||Nelson Bay Fitness|
|Nude Kayaks Port Stephens||Bagnalls Beach Reserve||Corlette||Nude Kayaks Port Stephens|
|Port Stephens Paddlesports|
Nelson Bay Foreshore Reserve
Shoal Bay Foreshore Reserve
|Port Stephens Paddlesports|
|Port Stephens Surf School - Surfing lessons|
One Mile Beach and Birubi Beach
Dutchman's Beach Reserve
Fingal Bay Foreshore Reserve
|Port Stephens Surf Schoo|
|Shoal Bay stand up paddleboards - lessons and hire||Shoal Boat Ramp Reserve||Shoal Bay||Facebook|
|Shoal Bay Stand Up Paddleboards|
Splash Water Park
|Nelson Bay Foreshore||Nelson Bay||Splash Water Park Nelson Bay|
|Top Coach Function Fitness - Personal Trainer|
Don Warring Oval,
One Mile Beach Reserve
One Mile Beach
|Top Coach Function Fitness|
Are you a commercial operator?
Register your interest in providing a commercial activity on Council land.
Contracts and Services Coordinator
Phone (02) 4988 0255