Change your outlook and join us at Port Stephens Council.
Our enterprise agreement
Council is committed to being an employer of choice. The conditions of employment that we offer exceed the local government standard and are outlined in our own enterprise agreement.
Our enterprise agreement offers:
- a flexible work environment
- competitive remuneration for employees
- a focus on attracting and keeping skilled employees
- incentives and rewards for our employees
- a user-friendly and flexible workplace.
- Port Stephens Council Enterprise Agreement 2018 (PDF 1.7MB)
Benefits of working at Council
Council understands the importance of rewarding employees for their efforts and our benefits are designed to take care of the whole you be it keeping you physically, emotionally, financially and socially healthy. Some of the additional incentives we offer are:
- Competitive pay and rewards: As well as competitive salaries, plus superannuation, all positions offer a retention allowance.
- Professional development: Through educational assistance, training provision, and professional membership support.
- Employee Assistance Program: Access to a professional, confidential counselling service for you and your immediate family.
- Corporate uniform: All staff have access to a modern corporate uniform, while public employees in our customer service team will be provided with an annual corporate clothing allocation.
- Discounted corporate fitness membership: Featuring access to a broad range of gymnasiums across the Port Stephens local government area and beyond.
- Long service leave: Staff at Council qualify for long service leave after five years of service.
- Flexible working arrangements:
- Flexitime (debit and credit to normal ordinary hours of work)
- Rostered Days Off (RDO's)
- Four day weeks
- Nine day fortnights
- Job share
- Additional annual leave
- Staff may purchase up to 12 months of additional paid leave
- Community volunteer leave
- Two days paid leave per annum to volunteer in community based organisations
- Parental leave
- 12 weeks for paid leave from Council plus Federal Government Paid Parental Leave scheme
- Extended to include males if primary care giver
- Supporting parent leave of one week paid leave at time of birth - not deducted from other leave entitlements
- Employment Coordinator
- 02 4988 0123