Australia Day 2019 - Fly Point, Nelson Bay
9.00AM - 4.00PM
Address: Fly Point, Nelson Bay
Join in the family fun Australia Day celebrations at Fly Point in Nelson Bay on 26 January 2019!
|9:00AM||Australia Day Parade|
Starts at Laman Street and finishes 9:45am at Rotary Park, Fly Point
|9:45AM||Hunter School of Performing Arts Marching Band|
Performance in front of stage
|11:57AM||Salute to Australia|
Flag Raising and National Anthem
|1:00PM||Welcome to Country|
Introductions of Recipients of Port Stephens Annual Awards
Australia Day address by the Port Stephens Australia Day Ambassador
Citizenship Ceremony, Affirmation and National Anthem
|2:15PM||Cutting of the Australia Day cake|
|3:00PM||Robyn Yvette School of Dance - Grand Finale|
Other events throughout the day include:
- Food Court, BBQ, snow cones and soft serve ice cream as well as hot and cold drinks
- FREE Australian flags and chips for children
- FREE pony rides and jumping castles for children
- RAAF Flypast
- Alpaca & sheep shearing demonstrations and baby animals
- All day markets with over 90 stalls
- Vintage and classic cars on display
- Be amazed by JD's World of Magic, displays and workshops
- Australian Reptile Parks Shows and educational talks. Come smile at the crocodile!
- Displays by Rural Fire Service, NSW Fire Brigade, Spinners and Weavers
- Chair Ride, Laughing Clowns
Brought to you by the Australia Day Nelson Bay Subcommittee, Port Stephens Council - with support from Rotary Club Nelson Bay and Nelson Bay Freemasons.
How to get there
Council has no control over the content of material accessible on any site cross-referenced and makes no representations about the accuracy of information contained on those websites. Council is not liable for the content on those websites. It is accordingly the responsibility of the internet user to make their own decisions about the relevance or accuracy, currency and reliability of the information found on those sites..
In addition, Council does not necessarily endorse or support the views, opinions, standards or information expressed at the linked sites. They have been included as information sources only.