ANZAC Day in Port Stephens 2017
Venue: Various locations across Port Stephens
Anzac Day, 25 April, is one of Australia’s most important national occasions. It marks the anniversary of the first major military action fought by Australian and New Zealand forces during the First World War.
Events in Port Stephens:
Apex Park - Victoria Parade
Dawn Service at 5.25am - Assemble at Apex Park. Commemoration at 5.30am
Main service from 10.30am - March assembles at Nelson Bay Bowling Club. At 10.40am the march moves off down Stockton Street. At 10.50am the main Commemoration Service begins at Apex Park.
Nelson Bay Bowling & Recreation Club
- Stockton Street, Nelson Bay
- Phone: (02) 4981 1272
- Website: www.nelsonbaybowlingclub.com.au
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Raymond Terrace Bowling Club - Jacaranda Street
Assemble at 5:50am in Jacaranda Street in front of the Raymond Terrace Bowling Club. Service will commence at 6am, followed by a post-service Diggers breakfast at the Raymond Terrace Bowling Club.
10.45am - Start gathering for an 11am service at the Raymond Terrace memorial outside the Bowling Club.
- 2 Jacaranda Ave, Raymond Terrace
- Phone: (02) 4987 2404
- Website: www.rtbc.com.au
- Email: email@example.com
- Bill Garrett on phone: 0410 330 740
Memorial Park, Memorial Drive
- 5.50am - March commences from Tony King's Garage (on the Old Pacific Highway) continues along the Pacific Highway for the Service in Memorial Park, Memorial Drive, Karuah
- 7.00am - Service concludes. March will then continue along Bonser Lane into Bundabah Street across the old Pacific Highway to disperse in the Karauah RSL District Car Park for breakfast at the club.
- 9.00am - Memorial Service. Memorial Wall, Karuah District RSL Club
Karuah RSL Club
- 436 Tarean Rd, Karuah
- Phone: 4997 5297
Fingal Bay Bowls Sport & Recreation Club
- 100 Rocky Pt Rd, Fingal Bay
- Ph: 4984 1244
- 12:30pm - 3:30pm Two-Up & a free sausage sizzle
- Website: www.fingalbaysportsclub.com.au
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tanilba Bay Tilligerry RSL Club
- Lemon Tree Passage Rd, Tanilba Bay
- Phone: (02) 4982 3889
- 6:30am - Breakfast
- 9:45am - March
- 12:00pm - 3:00pm two-up
- Website: www.tilligerryrslsports.com.au
Medowie - Lions Memorial Park
- Cnr Ferodale and medowie Rds
- 5:45am - Dawn service
Seaham - Weir Park
- 9am - March from Weir Park to newline Rd Memorial Flagpole
- Morning Tea (provided by Seaham Scouts) back at the Park
Tea Gardens Hawks Nest - Anzac Park
- Marine Drive, Tea Gardens
- 6am - Dawn Service
- 10am - March from Marine Drive to Anzac Park
Port Stephens Council has received applications for the temporary closure of the following Council roads for ANZAC Day events on Tuesday 25 April, 2017.
Ferodale Rd (Kirrang Dr to Medowie Rd) - between 5:45am and 6:00am
Stockton St (Dowling St to Victoria Pde) and Victoria Pde (Teramby Rd to Laman St) - between 9:30am and 11:15am
Tarean Rd (Bundabah St to Memorial Dr) - between 5:45am and 6:30am, then Bonser Lane and Bundabah St between 7:00am and 7:30am
- Jacaranda Ave - between 5:40am and 6:15am then between 11:00am and 12:00pm
- Sturgeon St - (Glenelg St to William St) - between 10:00am and 10.50am
- William St (Sturgeon St to Port Stephens St) and Port Stephens St (William St to Jacaranda Ave) between 10:30am and 11:00am
Lemon Tree Passage Road (Avenue of the Allies to Reliance Bvd) - between 9:30am and 10:00am
Further enquiries may be made by contacting the event organiser on 0402 571 187 for Medowie, 0408 449 256 for Karuah, 0407 291 922 for Nelson Bay, 4987 2875 for Raymond Terrace, 4984 5057 for Tanilba Bay or Council’s Assets Section on phone 4980 0207.
Council has no control over the content of material accessible on any site cross-referenced and makes no representations about the accuracy of information contained on those websites. Council is not liable for the content on those websites. It is accordingly the responsibility of the internet user to make their own decisions about the relevance or accuracy, currency and reliability of the information found on those sites..
In addition, Council does not necessarily endorse or support the views, opinions, standards or information expressed at the linked sites. They have been included as information sources only.