Council has many community committees who are involved in the care, assistance and management of our local area and play a critical role in conserving our natural environment.
Volunteers involved in park, reserve and Landcare type groups contribute countless hours providing assistance with the maintenance of local parks and reserves, as well as bush regeneration, habitat improvement and weeding activities.
Whether you live at Fingal Bay or Seaham, there are parks and reserves groups spread right around Port Stephens. These volunteer groups are always seeking new participants. Whether you want to join in a working bee once a week or once a month, additional hands always help. If you can’t be physically active, there are other opportunities such as committee management, financial administration and public relations. So come along and help – there are opportunities for everyone.
Our community groups include:
- Anna Bay/Birubi Landcare
- Boat Harbour Parks and Reserves
- Corlette Headland and Hall
- Corlette Parks Reserves and Landcare
- Fingal Bay Parks and Reserves
- Hinton Parks and Foreshore
- Karuah Landcare
- Lemon Tree Passage Parks, Reserves and Landcare Group
- Mallabula Parks and Reserves
- Mambo Wanda Wetlands Reserves and Landcare
- Medowie Tidy Towns
- Nelson Bay West Landcare
- Port Stephens Native Flora Garden
- Raymond Terrace Park Reserves and Tidy Towns
- Salt Ash Sports Ground Committee
- Seaham Park and Wetlands
- Shoal Bay Beach Preservation
- Soldiers Point-Salamander Bay Landcare
- Tanilba Bay Parks and Reserves
- Tilligerry Landcare
See the list of Contacts for Committees and Groups for contact details for the broad range of volunteer groups, committees and panels operated under council.
If you are interested in volunteering with one of these community groups, fill out a Volunteer Nomination Form below and forward it to the relevant group contact person.
Phone: (02) 4988 0255
- Volunteer Nomination Form – 355c Committee (PDF 50KB) from our A-Z Forms page