Capital Works Program
Council has an annual Capital Works Program which for 2018-2019 is worth over $23m.
This program of works is based on funds collected from standard Council resources such as rates, fees and charges. However, they are significantly added to by extra income streams. These extra income streams include successful grant applications from both Council staff and community groups, holiday park profits, property investments, developer contributions and donations.
Each year our corporate target is to reach 90% of the works outlined in the annual program.
The list of works to be completed in any given year is based on our forward works plans which form part of our integrated strategic plans.
Please also see the Capital Works Brochure 2018-2019 (PDF 1.86MB) for more information.
Capital works map
Click on a yellow or pink circle or line to find out what project is programmed or completed in each suburb. Or view the suburb table below.
- Pink circles or lines are projects that are programmed (scheduled).
- Yellow circles or lines are projects completed.
* The above map is updated quarterly and some projects may have already been completed.
2018 - 2019 projects
- Myan Close - retaining wall assessment and mitigation - $100,000
- Market Street - kerb extension - $120,000
- Fingal Bay Link Road - design work only - $350,000
- Fingal Bay Foreshore - lighting installation on pathways - $90,000
- Church Street - pavement rehabilitation between Stockton Street and Dalton Street - $120,000
- Shoal Bay Road and Gowrie Avenue Roundabout - surface improvements and traffic calming devices - $120,000
- Little Beach Reserve - improved drainage infrastructure and beach access upgrades - $260,000
- Nelson Bay Marina - sand clearing - $80.000
- Pirralea Gardens - boardwalk replacement - $40,000
- Apex Park - Apex Park masterplan implementation - $400,000
- Foreshore Drive - installation of traffic calming devices - $190,000
- Foreshore Drive - culvert construction and road upgrade - $200,000
- Tomaree Aquatic Centre - equipment replacements - $16,000
- Bagnalls Beach East Park - playground equipment upgrades - $70,000
- Tomaree Road - stage 2 works, construction between Garden Place and Verona Road - $895,000
- Tomaree Road - reconstruction between Marine Drive and Verona Road - $ 1,448,000
- Horace Street - drainage infrastructure construction within Pozieres Park - $965,000
- Mitchell Street - pavement rehabilitation between Soldiers Point Road and Thou Walla Holiday Park - $50,000
- Wharf pump-out facility - replacement of equipment - $25,000
- Lancaster Park - replace vehicle barriers - $25,000
- Anna Bay Cemetery - expansion of cemetery - $250,000
- Anna Bay Hall - internal painting - $8,500
- Anna Bay skatepark and playground - redesign and development of new facilities within Robinson Reserve - $1,670,000
- Gan Gan Road - pavement rehabilitation between Nelson Bay Road and Frost Road - $738,000
Lemon Tree Passage
- Lemon Tree Passage Road - design only - $60,000
- Evans Road - pavement rehabilitation between Kula Road and Abercrombie Road - $148,500
- Medowie Road - pavement rehabilitation between Federation Drive and Boundary Road - $296,635
- Ballot Close - voluntary purchase of property - $300,000
- Salt Ash Avenue - pavement rehabilitation west from Hideaway Drive - $100,000
- Salt Ash Sports Complex - replacement of front fence - $40,000
- Tanilba Bay boardwalk - replacement of sections - $130,000
- Caswell Reserve - relocation and installation of upgraded amenities, playground and carpark - $300,000
- Brandy Hill Drive - pavement rehabilitation between houses 50 and 56 - $187,000
- Paterson Road - shoulder widening and guardrail improvements, south of Duns Creek Road - $270,000
- East Seaham Road - stages 6, 7, and 8: design and environmental work only - $250,000
- Holdom Road - pavement and reconstruction - $250,000
- Karuah Boat Ramp - stage 2 upgrades - $240,500
- Longworth Park - rockwall revetment works and park infrastructure improvements - $180,000
- Hinton Road - shoulder widening, guardrail and signage improvements west of Seaham Road - $470,000
- Lakeside Sports Complex - replace vehicle barriers - $ 70,000
- Lakeside Leisure Centre - equipment replacement - $95,000
- Riverside Park - seawall replacement and refurbishment of rotunda - 230,000
- Jimmy Scott Bridge - lighting upgrade - $100,000
- Clarencetown Road - pavement rehabilitation between Tumbledown Bridge and pipeline access track - $250,000
- Clarencetown Road - signage and motorcycle protection upgrades - $70,000
- Swan Bay Road - pavement rehabilitation - $500,000