Shoal Bay Landcare Group
- To protect and enhance the environmental features of the Shoal Bay beach and foreshore, and ameliorate beach erosion
- To maintain and enhance public recreation infrastructure on the Shoal Bay foreshore and other Council parks and reserves in Shoal Bay
We meet for a working bee every fortnight on a Wednesday morning for up to 2 hours of work followed by a social coffee.
Our activities include:
- Fence construction and maintenance to protect the dunes and plant regeneration sites
- Maintain, clean and preserve the access points to Shoal Bay beach
- Construct and enhance the bush walkway from the western end of the main Shoal Bay beach foreshore, also known as the Peter Thomas Walkway
- Weed, re-generate and plant areas of the dune to protect against beach erosion
- Maintain foreshore gardens through weeding, re-planting, mulch protection and watering
- Maintain and clean Council foreshore furniture
- Clear rubbish and keep the highly used Shoal Bay beach and foreshore reserve in as attractive condition as possible
We identify larger projects and attract financial support. Previous projects have included the construction of the Peter Thomas Walkway, improved beach access points, replace exclusion fencing on part of the foreshore, weed control and bush regeneration training.
Shoal Bay NSW 2315