Corlette Reserves & Landcare Group
WHAT WE DO:
- Work as a friendly group, always with a cuppa and chat afterwards
- Control weeds and mulch gardens and additional plantings at our 5 Corlette foreshore reserves
- Developing in stages, a wildlife corridor from Kingfisher Reserve to Lorikeet Reserve, via the Yawl-Helm Detention Basin by tree planting on National Tree Days and other planting days throughout the year.
- Support a Bush Regeneration Landcare group — Baggies Bush Regen who work on alternate Wednesdays along the Bartlett Cycleway
- Clean up litter and keep our reserves and roadsides tidy on a regular basis
- Paint all our benches each year and report damaged ones to Council for repair
- Replant gardens with native species and develop new gardens in consultation with Council staff
- Apply for grants for specific projects, eg, small environmental, bike racks, seats, tap/shower, tap/bubbler
- Lobby Council for major work to be done, eg, Conroy Park Bank erosion, improvements to carparks, sun shelters, playgrounds and amenities.
- Enjoy informal social BBQs or twilight Cheese n biscuits
- Regular working bees are held, usually for 2 hours at different locations and times depending on the season and project and generally held on alternate Mondays at 9 am or 4 pm daylight saving. Notification and regular updates sent via email.
- We are supported by Port Stephens Council with equipment, advice, training and insurance.
- Corlette Reserves and Landcare Group - about us (PDF File - 905.5 Kb)
- Corlette Reserves and Landcare Group - flyer (PDF File - 3.1 Mb)
- Corlette Reserves and Landcare Group - Map of work areas (PDF File - 570.7 kB)
- Margaret Wilkinson (Group Coordinator)
Phone number: 02 4981 2881
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Corlette NSW 2315