Development Control Plan
The Port Stephens Development Control Plan 2014 (the DCP) was adopted by Port Stephens Council on Tuesday, 14 July 2015 and became effective on Thursday, 6 August 2015. The table below describes amendments made to the DCP since its adoption.
It seeks to provide further guidance to the Port Stephens Local Environmental Plan 2013. The Plan is available as a complete document or in separate sections below.
- DCP Cover Page (PDF 666KB)
- DCP Table of Contents (PDF 142KB)
- DCP Checklists (PDF 845KB)
- DCP Section A - Introduction (PDF 86KB)
- DCP Section B - General Controls (PDF 2MB)
- DCP Section C - Development Types (PDF 499KB)
- DCP Section D - Specific Areas (PDF 10.9MB)
- DCP Section E - Schedules (PDF 430KB)
|Amendment No.||Title||Amendment Details|
|1||Part B1 Tree Management|
The first amendment related to Part B1 – Tree Management only and provided additional circumstances under which tree removal may be exempted from Council approval. The first amendment came into effect on Thursday, 3 September 2015.
|2||Raymond Terrace and Heatherbrae Strategy|
The second amendment related to Part D1 – Heatherbrae and Part D9 Raymond Terrace Town Centre. The changes gave effect to the relevant outcomes of the Raymond Terrace and Heatherbrae Strategy, adopted by Council on Tuesday, 24 November 2015. The second amendment came into effect on Thursday, 10 December 2015.
|3 (Draft)||Part B5 Flooding|
The third amendment is in draft form only and relates to Part B5 – Flooding. The amendment aims to provide greater clarity and consistency in the determination of development applications on flood prone land and achieve alignment with Council's other flood management tools. The amendment was placed on public exhibition in April 2017 and is expected to be reported back to Council for adoption in the coming months.
|4 (Draft)||Minor Amendments and Corrections|
The fourth amendment is in draft form only and proposes to make a series of minor amendments and corrections throughout the DCP. At its meeting on Tuesday, 24 October 2017 Council resolved to place the draft amendment on public exhibition. The draft amendment will be on exhibition between Thursday, 2 November and Friday, 1 December 2017.
- Tree Technical Specification (PDF 795KB)
- Vegetation Technical Specification (PDF 75KB)
- Landscape Technical Specification (PDF 512KB)
- Nest Box Technical Specification (PDF 106KB)
- Noxious Weeds Technical Specification (PDF 52KB)
Selected maps from Council's DCP are available on Council's Planning maps page.
Strategic Planning Team
Phone: (02) 4980 0326