Subdivision with public infrastructure (or over 10 lots)
Following the Practical Completion of Construction of Subdivision Works, a Subdivision Certificate approval will be required to register the subdivision plan for lodgement with NSW Land Registry Services (LRS).
A subdivision certificate certifies that the works have been completed in accordance with the consent and any subdivision work has been completed in accordance with the Subdivision Works Certificate.
Download the Subdivision Certificate Application Form from our A - Z forms page.
Please make sure that you submit all documentation relevant to the application, even if previously assessed under a DA or other application. This will ensure our processing times are efficient with no unnecessary holdups.
Send completed application form along with all necessary supporting documentation to:
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail to:
- PO Box 42, Raymond Terrace, NSW 2324
- In person to:
- Port Stephens Council Administration Building, 116 Adelaide Street, Raymond Terrace, NSW 2324
Ensure your application is addressed to: Development Engineering Team.
Fees will be calculated based on Councils fees and charges and will depend on proposed works included in the plans. Applicants can submit a proposal of works and a plan to receive a quote before lodgement.
An invoice for the application will be issued and must be paid before the assessment can begin.
- Processing time is approx. 21 business days from formal lodgment to approval.
- Please make sure you submit all documentation relevant to the application, even if previously assessed under a DA or other application. This will ensure our processing times are efficient with no unnecessary hold ups.
- Any information not submitted or addressed adequately at the time of lodgment may result in further information requests, additional fees, and subsequent delays of approval
- For Subdivision Works Certificates, Council must be nominated as Principal Certifying Authority (PCA) at least 2 days prior to works commencing.
- If your (Subdivision Works) Construction Certificate is being issued by an accredited certifier in stead of Council, under section 6.12 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act (*1979), Council will still need to be nominated as Principal Certifying Authority for these works at least 2 days prior to works commencing.
- You can nominate Council as PCA by completing the PCA – Appointment of Council as Principal Certifying Authority Form and paying the fees as outlined on your invoice. If you require a PCA only invoice, please don't hesitate to contact us as below and we will calculate this for you.
Development Engineering Team
Phone: (02) 4988 0409