Changes to facilities and services
We're helping to slow the spread of COVID-19 while still delivering for our community. Find out about changes to Council's facilities and services, including beaches, pools, libraries, boat ramps, waste services and more.
Our Administration Building is open to the public. Our Customer Experience team are here to help you from 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Childcare — Thrive Kids
DA Advice — Duty Counter
- See advice under the public health order
- Weddings can be held under the public health order for weddings
Port Stephens Library branches are open. It remains a condition of entry that all visitors to Port Stephens Library branches are required to check in using the Service NSW app and wear a face mask.
- Raymond Terrace and Tomaree Library opening hours are 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday and 9am to 12pm, Saturday.
- The Mobile Library has returned to its regular timetable.
- Library branches will continue to offer Call & Collect and a limited Contactless Home Delivery Service. To take advantage, simply call the library to request a loan. Our staff will then select items for you and phone you to arrange a time for collection. Call Raymond Terrace and Mobile Library on 4988 0111 or call Tomaree Library on 4988 0670
- The Stories in the Street program will continue as per our current contactless model.
- Tilligerry Community Library opening hours are from 10am to 12pm, Monday to Saturday.
|Aquatic and leisure centres|
|BBQ facilities and picnic tables||Maintain physical distancing and follow the public health order.|
Lifeguard and life saving services have resumed. Please follow the public health order and physical distancing rules.
Samurai Beach Campground is closed and there is no vehicle access to the campground. For National Park information, check the NSW NPWS webpage for updates.
|Boat ramps||Port Stephens boat ramps are open to all users. Please practice physical distancing and abide by the public health order.|
|Community centres and halls|
Our community centres and halls are closed under the current public health order.
|Fenced dog parks||Use with caution. Maintain physical distancing and follow the public health order.|
|Outdoor fitness equipment||Use with caution. Wash your hands before and after use. Assume the person who used the equipment before you has the virus.|
|Parks and reserves|
Maintain physical distancing and follow the public health order. For National Park information, check the NSW NPWS webpage for updates.
|Playgrounds and play equipment||Check in using the QR code if available. Use with caution. Wash your hands before and after use. Assume the person who used the equipment before you has the virus.|
|Skate and BMX parks||Check in using the QR code if available. Use with caution. Wash your hands before and after use. Assume the person who used the equipment before you has the virus.|
Open for informal exercise and sport provided users follow the public health order.
Visitor Information Centre
Our Visitor Information Centre is open. Our friendly staff are also available to help on 1800 808 900.
Outdoor volunteers can now recommence if there is a COVID Safe plan in place. Hall volunteers can recommence from 18 October with COVID Safe plans in place under the public health order.